- When you first log in, click the Add Publication button to start creating your first book. This brings you to the Publication editing screen. This is where you design the Title Page of your book and upload your Book Cover.
- When you are happy with your title page (remember to save it), head back to the home page where your publications are listed. You can access the home page at any time by clicking the "Magic Bullet Books" link on the left of the topmost navigation bar. You'll see your new publication (book) listed. Hit the Show Pages button next to your publication title.
- Now click the Add New Page button to start creating the remaing pages of your book. You can create as many pages as you like. Create your pages in the same way you created your title page. Use the WYSIWYG editor to type your text, insert your images, just like a word processor or WordPress.
- The golden rule of Kindle Publishing is: Keep it Simple! People want to read your content, not admire your formatting skills. Simple titles, simple paragraphs, simple images, a clean layout - this is what works best on the Kindle and this is what Kindle users will appreciate.
- When you have created all your pages and have proof read your content head back to the home page, click the show pages button and (you may need to scroll down) hit the Publish button. This will take you to a screen that summarises your book title and lists all the pages. When happy, click the big blue Publish button at the bottom of the page.
- Relax, Magic Bullet Books is now taking care of all the gory formatting procedures that go into making a Kindle book. When done you can preview the final book as a HTML file and download a nicely ZIPped up file containing all the pages, images and associated files required by Amazon to produce and Publish your book.
- Upload the ZIP file to your Amazon KDP account. Have a coffee, you've just saved yourself a huge amount of time and frustration.
IMPORTANT: If you require assistance please go to the Support Desk and create a ticket. Please do not send email requests. All support requests must be directed to the support desk.